Blogging for Light
Thursday, September 08, 2005
 
Joshua 7
Today's Scripture

God takes sin very seriously. As he was establishing his nation, Israel, in a new land, he needed to make sure they were obedient to him. One man had taken a robe and silver from the spoils of Jericho and hidden them. The consequence was the Israelites losing in battle and losing their confidence in the new land.

But that was not all. Achan confessed to his misdeed, and he, his family, and his animals were stoned and then burned. What a terrible lesson for Israel to learn.

As a parent, I know that sometimes harsh consequences are called for when our children rebel. It is not easy to administer this, and I am glad that I'm not parenting alone. My husband is my partner, and God is my guide. Thankfully now, we have the cross and the forgiveness of sins through Christ for any sin. Still, consequences are necessary at times and often painful. I'm glad that even though we suffer with the results of wrong choices, God can still draw us back to himself through the love of Christ and his sacrifice.

Links
  • Google News
  • Timman's thoughts
  • Swansmith
  • Northwoods Soccer Mom
  • Our Favorite Lutheran (save Martin)
  • IdeaJoy
  • Blogs4God
  • Bible study helps
  • Read the Bible online
  • Comments: Post a Comment

    << Home

    Powered by Blogger