Blogging for Light
Tuesday, May 31, 2005
 
Genesis 21:22-34
Today's Scripture

Sometimes Christians, myself certainly included, tend to gripe about things. We complain and alienate those around us, so that they are not attracted to our faith but rather repelled by their perception of what we believe.

Abimelech encounters Abraham again in this chapter--and Abraham portrays himself in a positive way. In spite of hardships he has had to endure, it is evident that God's favor rests on Abraham. Abimelech takes note of this and is drawn to Abraham, wishing to make a treaty with him.

They resolve a conflict about a well in a gracious manner, and Abraham settles in the land--even planting trees--perhaps an orchard. Peace seems to dwell here at this time.

How am I presenting my God and my faith in my life? Do I glorify God in all I do so that others are drawn to me and my God the way Abimelech was? It is certainly food for thought.

Links
  • Google News
  • Timman's thoughts
  • Swansmith
  • Northwoods Soccer Mom
  • Our Favorite Lutheran (save Martin)
  • IdeaJoy
  • Blogs4God
  • Bible study helps
  • Read the Bible online
  • Comments: Post a Comment

    << Home

    Powered by Blogger