Blogging for Light
Saturday, April 02, 2005
 
Esther 5
Today's Scripture

Esther was a very wise woman--especially for one who must have been as young as she was. (I try to flatter myself by thinking that as I'm getting older, I'm getting wiser--but who knows if that's true or not in my case? ;) ) If I knew that my family was in danger of death, I don't know if I'd think out carefully and plan how this could be avoided. If I knew that there was someone who could stop this, I'd go right to the source and demand they do something to save us. Diplomacy, etiquette, and even common sense would probably fly right out of my head.

Esther, however, had already been fasting and praying about this situation. When the time was right, she approached the king. Even though he told her he would grant her any request, up to half his kingdom, her initial response was only that he be presence at a banquet, and that Haman would be present as well.

Meanwhile, Haman, who had everything to be happy about, still was miserable because Mordecai would not bow down to him. He and his family plotted Mordecai's death from a gallows they began to have built. Haman didn't know that Mordecai was related to Esther--only that he was a Jew and wouldn't bow to Haman.

The plot thickens--stay tuned for the rest of the story........ or read it yourself in the book of Esther in the Old Testament.

Links
  • Google News
  • Timman's thoughts
  • Swansmith
  • Northwoods Soccer Mom
  • Our Favorite Lutheran (save Martin)
  • IdeaJoy
  • Blogs4God
  • Bible study helps
  • Read the Bible online
  • Comments:
    We read about so many great acts of faith in the Old Covenant. And as I read them God always reminds me of this Truth. “Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.” Matthew 11:11

    The least of us who has accepted Jesus Christ as our Savior now can be used by God to do far greater works of faith. Be blessed and God’s will be done.
     
    Post a Comment

    << Home

    Powered by Blogger