Blogging for Light
Tuesday, April 19, 2005
 
1 John 3:1-3
Today's Scripture

Yesterday I had a misunderstanding with my husband--he said something that I totally blew out of proportion and I reacted angrily and basically very badly. I've been reading about the love of God in 1 John and wearing the armor of God in Ephesians, but I wasn't acting very loving or resisting the devil in any way in my reaction to my husband, whom I truly love.

Fortunately he forgave me and we were able to understand what the other was thinking and feeling. My true desire is for the love of the Father to be evident in my life, but sometimes it is very difficult!

But some day, we shall be like him--seeing the Father as he is. And day by day, I hope to purify myself as he is pure--knowing I will fail, but he is there to pick me up. And when I see him face to face, the sins and cares of this world will be gone and I will truly wear his mantle of holiness.

Until then, I must daily ask him to help me fight the enemy and seek his face, not only each day, but moment by moment.

Links
  • Google News
  • Timman's thoughts
  • Swansmith
  • Northwoods Soccer Mom
  • Our Favorite Lutheran (save Martin)
  • IdeaJoy
  • Blogs4God
  • Bible study helps
  • Read the Bible online
  • Comments: Post a Comment

    << Home

    Powered by Blogger