Blogging for Light
Tuesday, March 15, 2005
 
James 1:19-21
Today's Scripture

Perhaps you've heard the expression--"God gave us one mouth and two ears--so listen at least twice as much as you speak." This is good advice, and is also given here in James. Often I find myself thinking about what I want to say when someone else is speaking instead of taking time to really listen to what they are saying.

Be slow to anger--more good advice. I find I can be quick to be angry when people irritate me, question or challenge me, or when I see wrongdoing or injustice. The latter is justified anger, but the former is usually not as justified. If I take time to listen to others instead of defending my position, I will do better in my relationships.

James also cautions us to get rid of moral filth and evil that may be present in our lives. Instead, we should dwell on the word of God--that is planted within us when we read and study--the Word, written and living, that can save us.

Links
  • Google News
  • Timman's thoughts
  • Swansmith
  • Northwoods Soccer Mom
  • Our Favorite Lutheran (save Martin)
  • IdeaJoy
  • Blogs4God
  • Bible study helps
  • Read the Bible online
  • Comments: Post a Comment

    << Home

    Powered by Blogger