Blogging for Light
Tuesday, February 22, 2005
 
2 Corinthians 5:1-10
Today's Scripture

Last night I had car trouble on my way home from work. I was able to make it to a service station (thanks to my cell phone and my husband's guidance), but had to wait several hours while they diagnosed the problem, I talked to my husband again, and no part could be found, so my husband picked one up at a Toyota dealer on the north end of town (I was on the south end).

While I was waiting for my husband to get the part, I went to Perkins next door to the station for supper. I saw they had a counter, but it was only open for seating during the day. They seated me at a booth, a very nice, big booth, but I was all alone.

Now, I enjoy being alone--at home, even at work, when there is plenty to occupy my time. But eating out for me has always been a social thing, and lately, one I've enjoyed most often with just my husband and myself. I noticed other families and friends eating together. I also noticed to older men, who sat at separate tables by themselves. I wondered if they had recently lost their wives--or what were the circumstances that caused them to be alone. I found myself longing for my soul-mate, by other (better?) half--as I picked at my turkey club sandwich, with no one there to share what I couldn't eat.

If we long for human companionship this much, how much more do we long for heaven? I think handicapped Christians have a better glimpse of heaven than we able bodied people--waiting and hoping for that day when they can escape their wheelchairs and run to greet Jesus. Right now, it is as though we are naked, or at least poorly clothed, but there will come a day when we will receive a heavenly garment.

Our bodies will be new, restored, glorious, and we will be royally adorned. Loneliness will be gone, as we look forward to eternity with our Father and all his children.

Links
  • Google News
  • Timman's thoughts
  • Swansmith
  • Northwoods Soccer Mom
  • Our Favorite Lutheran (save Martin)
  • IdeaJoy
  • Blogs4God
  • Bible study helps
  • Read the Bible online
  • Comments: Post a Comment

    << Home

    Powered by Blogger