Blogging for Light
Saturday, February 19, 2005
 
2 Corinthians 4:7-12
Today's Scripture

Today I feel like my body is a jar of clay. When I woke up, I had no voice, and I have a stiff neck, a stuffy head and a runny nose.

I am thankful that this body is only temporary, and that the Holy Spirit, who lives in me, is the one who gives me strength. I certainly haven't endured what Paul endured--having been pressed on every side, perplexed, persecuted, struck down, although at times I may feel like that. Through this adversity, Paul said he was never crushed, despairing, abandoned, or destroyed. He said that we carry in our body the death of Jesus so that the life of Jesus can be revealed in our body.

As we die daily to sin, we live in the power of the Holy Spirit. Sometimes the sin of this world and our daily problems and temptations may threaten to destroy us, but through Christ, we can be victorious over these daily trials. One day we will not have to suffer any longer, and have new resurrected bodies. In the meantime, we have God's power and strength within us to endure hardships, and in so doing, bring glory to Him.

Links
  • Google News
  • Timman's thoughts
  • Swansmith
  • Northwoods Soccer Mom
  • Our Favorite Lutheran (save Martin)
  • IdeaJoy
  • Blogs4God
  • Bible study helps
  • Read the Bible online
  • Comments: Post a Comment

    << Home

    Powered by Blogger