Blogging for Light
Tuesday, January 18, 2005
 
1 Corinthians 7:25-31
Today's Scripture

Paul speaks here again about the virtue of singleness, and that being married can bring on many troubles. As a married person, I know that I daily I am concerned about my husband and my children and am always thinking of how to meet their needs. I love them and am blessed by having them in my life, so I wouldn't want it any other way. But a single person can focus on the things of God without the distractions and sometimes trials of family life. I speak as a mother of teenagers! ;)

When Paul wrote, he believed that Jesus could come back at any time, so we should live each day as if he were to return soon. Two thousand years have past, but we are still to live in this expectant state. Every day we should focus on Christ and be ready to meet him, instead of being concerned with material things or meeting emotional needs that are trivial.

Lord, help me live for you and be pleasing for you. I know I fall short of who I should be, and I ask for your strength each day. Amen.

Links
  • Google News
  • Timman's thoughts
  • Swansmith
  • Northwoods Soccer Mom
  • Our Favorite Lutheran (save Martin)
  • IdeaJoy
  • Blogs4God
  • Bible study helps
  • Read the Bible online
  • Comments: Post a Comment

    << Home

    Powered by Blogger