Blogging for Light
Thursday, January 13, 2005
 
1 Corinthians 6:12-20
Today's Scripture

Our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit--we are not our own, we have been bought with a price--the price of the sacrifice of God's own Son on the cross.

God has enabled me to be faithful to my husband, so I don't seem to struggle with sexual immorality, but it is still hard for me to treat my body as God's temple. I may consume unhealthy foods or not exercise enough or sleep too much or too little. And the thoughts I allow into my mind may sometimes be impure as well.

God wants us to remember that he indwells us. We need to treat the body he has given us with respect and know we are made in his image. When we have Christ, we have the Holy Spirit living in us! How grateful I am for this!

And someday, we will have new bodies--heavenly ones! How I long for that day!


Links
  • Google News
  • Timman's thoughts
  • Swansmith
  • Northwoods Soccer Mom
  • Our Favorite Lutheran (save Martin)
  • IdeaJoy
  • Blogs4God
  • Bible study helps
  • Read the Bible online
  • Comments: Post a Comment

    << Home

    Powered by Blogger