Blogging for Light
Monday, January 10, 2005
 
1 Corinthians 5:6-8
Today's Scripture


It's easy to look at someone else in their difficult circumstances and wonder if they are at fault for the mess they find themselves in. Sometimes this is true, but it's not helpful to point a finger.

We may find ourselves in similar circumstances at some point in our lives. Before I had children, I wondered why parents couldn't control their wriggling, crying babies or toddlers in public places. I wondered why teenagers would make poor choices--thinking that the parents must somehow be to blame.

So, I will not boast in my great parenting skills, for I've made many mistakes. This boasting can only lead to pride that will work its way through my life and heart like yeast, puffing myself up until I am finally I am flattened by something beyond my control.

Instead of puffing with pride, I will seek to do as Paul does--keep the Festival not with yeast of malice and wickedness, but with the bread without yeast--the bread of sincerity and truth. For in my weakness, God is strong, and perhaps can use me to help others who share my weaknesses.

Links
  • Google News
  • Timman's thoughts
  • Swansmith
  • Northwoods Soccer Mom
  • Our Favorite Lutheran (save Martin)
  • IdeaJoy
  • Blogs4God
  • Bible study helps
  • Read the Bible online
  • Comments: Post a Comment

    << Home

    Powered by Blogger