Blogging for Light
Saturday, January 08, 2005
 
1 Corinthians 5:1-5
Today's Scripture


I often take for granted that I have a good marriage, with a husband who is faithful to me and I to him. It must be terrible for some married people to wonder if their spouse is having an affair or engaged in sexually immoral behavior.

Before I become too proud in my blessings, I need to remember that there are other ways I pollute my body--things I may view on TV, impure thoughts that may enter my brain, losing my temper with family members, etc. etc. (I'll stop the list here.)

Our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit, and when we're tempted to do something to harm ourselves physically--whether that's overeating or engaging in sexually impure behavior--we are guilty of abusing that temple. I will ask God for the reminder that He indwells me so I may live a life worthy of his presence.

Links
  • Google News
  • Timman's thoughts
  • Swansmith
  • Northwoods Soccer Mom
  • Our Favorite Lutheran (save Martin)
  • IdeaJoy
  • Blogs4God
  • Bible study helps
  • Read the Bible online
  • Comments: Post a Comment

    << Home

    Powered by Blogger