Blogging for Light
Monday, January 03, 2005
 
1 Corinthians 3:16-23
Today's Scripture

As a middle-aged person, I sometimes get tired of the body I have. It's not as pretty as it once was, or as thin, or as healthy. Like all of creation, my body and I groan and await the second coming of Christ, when we will become new.

I'm diabetic, so I need to take special care of my body. I need to check my blood sugar and take oral medication as well as insulin. This is a daily occurrence--in fact, more than once a day. I am conscious of what I eat and try to balance out my diet.

But I don't just maintain my body for health's sake. My body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, and I need to be more mindful of that than I am. What I put in--whether food in my stomach or food for my mind--affects me as God's child. I need to be nourishing the body God has given me, with healthy food and uplifting thoughts.

When I dwell on God's word, I'm feeding on God's wisdom. The Word is not always understood by the world, but as I seek God, he shows me his wisdom is best and what will help me grow to become more like him.


Links
  • Google News
  • Timman's thoughts
  • Swansmith
  • Northwoods Soccer Mom
  • Our Favorite Lutheran (save Martin)
  • IdeaJoy
  • Blogs4God
  • Bible study helps
  • Read the Bible online
  • Comments: Post a Comment

    << Home

    Powered by Blogger