Blogging for Light
Monday, January 31, 2005
 
1 Corinthians 13:1-3
Today's Scripture

1If I speak in the tongues[a] of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames,[b] but have not love, I gain nothing.

Love is all you need. All you need is love. Well, this may be true, but it is not the kind of love described by our culture--but the love that comes from God. These scripture verses speak of that love, and remind us that if we have a thousand gifts, but do not love, we gain nothing.

Let all we do be tempered with love. Let us love others as we serve Christ, loving him above all else.

Paul spends the rest of the chapter describing this love, so we'll be back tomorrow!

Links
  • Google News
  • Timman's thoughts
  • Swansmith
  • Northwoods Soccer Mom
  • Our Favorite Lutheran (save Martin)
  • IdeaJoy
  • Blogs4God
  • Bible study helps
  • Read the Bible online
  • Comments: Post a Comment

    << Home

    Powered by Blogger