Blogging for Light
Monday, December 20, 2004
 
Isaiah 40:9-11
Today's Scripture Reading

On that first Christmas night, the angels were the ones to bring good tidings. The chosen recipients--a group of sleepy shepherds--ones who could understand that the baby who was born in Bethlehem had come as a Shepherd King. Jesus was the one who would be the Good Shepherd, to gather lambs in his arms and carry them close to his heart. The shepherd could understand the One who would gently lead them, as they led their own sheep when they tended to wander.

The Shepherd King had all power and was a strong ruler, yet he chose to love his lamb subjects tenderly. Every time I think about it, I imagine that the scene with the shepherd at the manger would have been an incredible, holy, and tender sight. I'm thankful that my Savior and King is all-powerful, but humble and gentle enough to love me and forgive me so I can live in his kingdom forever.



Links
  • Google News
  • Timman's thoughts
  • Swansmith
  • Northwoods Soccer Mom
  • Our Favorite Lutheran (save Martin)
  • IdeaJoy
  • Blogs4God
  • Bible study helps
  • Read the Bible online
  • Comments: Post a Comment

    << Home

    Powered by Blogger