Blogging for Light
Thursday, December 30, 2004
 
1 Corinthians 2:1-5
Today's Scripture

Paul continues on with his theme of weakness in himself and strength in Christ. He claims he did not come to the Corinthians in wisdom or eloquence, but only with the knowledge of Jesus Christ and him crucified. In weakness and fear, he preached his message to the people, and the power of the Spirit was at work in his words, so the people could trust in God's power, not Paul's.

So often we try to do things in our own strength. I don't know why I am still surprised when difficulties come my way and I find I can't resolve them by myself. God is our shelter, our wisdom, our strength, and when trials come, he is the one who will hold us up and guide us through our times of difficulty.



Links
  • Google News
  • Timman's thoughts
  • Swansmith
  • Northwoods Soccer Mom
  • Our Favorite Lutheran (save Martin)
  • IdeaJoy
  • Blogs4God
  • Bible study helps
  • Read the Bible online
  • Comments: Post a Comment

    << Home

    Powered by Blogger