Blogging for Light
Thursday, November 04, 2004
 
Ruth 2
In this chapter Ruth goes to find food for herself and Naomi. She follows the harvesters to gather what is leftover. God had provided for the poor and the foreigner in his instructions in Leviticus: " 'When you reap the harvest of your land, do not reap to the very edges of your field or gather the gleanings of your harvest. Leave them for the poor and the alien. I am the LORD your God." (Lev. 23:22, NIV) The owner of the field was a godly man, Boaz, and he took note of all Ruth had done for Naomi, who was a relative of his. He instructed his workers to leave behind extra grain for her and for the men not to harm her.

In regard to her kindness to her mother-in-law, Boaz says to Ruth, "May the LORD repay you for what you have done. May you be richly rewarded by the LORD , the God of Israel, under whose wings you have come to take refuge." (verse 12, NIV) What a wonderful picture, of being protected and cared for under the wings of the Lord. He does provide for us in difficulty, and shelters us from our enemies.

I hope I have Ruth's compassion to my family members, and I know the Lord has already given me more than I deserve. My prayer is to follow the example of Ruth and Boaz, showing kindness and mercy to those around me, and gratitude to those who help me--especially to the One who is the great provider of all.


Links
  • Google News
  • Timman's thoughts
  • Swansmith
  • Northwoods Soccer Mom
  • Our Favorite Lutheran (save Martin)
  • IdeaJoy
  • Blogs4God
  • Bible study helps
  • Read the Bible online
  • Comments: Post a Comment

    << Home

    Powered by Blogger