Blogging for Light
Monday, November 22, 2004
 
Psalm 96
Today's Scripture

I enjoy singing--just ask my family. I will sing at the drop of a hat, and a phrase or a comment will remind me of a line of a popular song.

But how much more I love to sing praises to the Lord! We can declare his glory through song. So many of our hymns and contemporary choruses are from the psalms. I can think of songs that have "sing to the Lord a new song," "great is the Lord and worthy of praise," and "the world is firmly established, it will not be moved"--all verses from this psalm (1, 4, 10).

How wonderful to memorize God's word by proclaiming his praises in song. And we join in creation in praising him--along with the heavens, the earth, the sea, the fields and the trees of the forest. As I look around at the world God has given us, I want to be reminded to sing his praises along with his creation.

Links
  • Google News
  • Timman's thoughts
  • Swansmith
  • Northwoods Soccer Mom
  • Our Favorite Lutheran (save Martin)
  • IdeaJoy
  • Blogs4God
  • Bible study helps
  • Read the Bible online
  • Comments: Post a Comment

    << Home

    Powered by Blogger