Blogging for Light
Thursday, November 11, 2004
 
Psalm 42
There are times in our lives when we encounter deep despair, or at least disappointment and question what direction we should go next. As a parent of three teenagers, I have on more than one occasion wondered how I can guide my children to make good decision. When they go off the path that I feel God would want for them, I sometimes feel like giving up.

The psalmist felt this frustration, too--and apparently much more so than I do. Verse 10 reads: My bones suffer mortal agony as my foes taunt me, saying to me all day long, "Where is your God?" (NIV)

I love the first verse of the psalm: "As the deer pants for streams of water,
so my soul pants for you, O God." Sometimes I think of myself as a dried up sponge, eager to soak up the love and nourishment that only time in God's Word and in prayer can bring.

Sometimes I believe God allows trials so we will come to him in our dryness and need. He longs to refresh us and fill us, to comfort us and strengthen us. And, in these times of distress, what beter place to be than with the one who is our hope, our Savior and our God.


Links
  • Google News
  • Timman's thoughts
  • Swansmith
  • Northwoods Soccer Mom
  • Our Favorite Lutheran (save Martin)
  • IdeaJoy
  • Blogs4God
  • Bible study helps
  • Read the Bible online
  • Comments: Post a Comment

    << Home

    Powered by Blogger