Blogging for Light
Saturday, November 27, 2004
 
Psalm 23
Today's Scripture

A psalm of David.


In the United States, we just finished celebrating Thanksgiving day. We remember our many blessings and enjoy a table full of food, friends and family. This year our family is celebrating two feasts--one was on Thursday, the traditional holiday. On that day our family of five gathered together to give thanks. Tomorrow, we are having my in-laws over--so there will be sixteen of us to give thanks and gather.

Psalm 23 is a beloved psalm, memorized by many Christians. It is a song of comfort, as we know our Shepherd-Lord watches over us, even in times of darkness and death. He calms us and guides us.

I like to think of it as also a song of thanksgiving--of gratitude for our Savior's protection, guidance, and blessings. Verses five and six read: You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. (NIV)

I look forward to the greatest Thanksgiving feast that we will celebrate in heaven. Until then, I will thank God for giving me a cup that overflows, and for his goodness and love that will follow me. I thank him for preparing a place for me in heaven, a place where I can dwell with him forever.




Links
  • Google News
  • Timman's thoughts
  • Swansmith
  • Northwoods Soccer Mom
  • Our Favorite Lutheran (save Martin)
  • IdeaJoy
  • Blogs4God
  • Bible study helps
  • Read the Bible online
  • Comments:
    I really read the whole thing. Smile.
     
    Post a Comment

    << Home

    Powered by Blogger