Blogging for Light
Monday, November 08, 2004
 
Psalm 19
For the director of music. A psalm of David.

Last night I was outside walking my dog sometime after 9 pm. My husband joined us, and noticed a beautiful pattern in the northwestern sky. It was the northern lights--evident to us even here in Minneapolis. It was rather faint, compared to what my husband has seen in northern Minnesota, but still spectacular. The lights stretched like fingers across the canopy of the sky. As we focused, we could see the lights shimmering, and though at first glance they appeared like clouds, they changed in hue to a greenish color, and even other colors of the rainbow were apparent after awhile.

I recalled the verse from Psalm 19:1-2: 1 The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. 2 Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge. (NIV) How majestic is the Lord's creation! How it speaks of his power and majesty! I cannot help but wonder how people can believe there is no God when his acts of wonder are so apparent in the created world.

As I gazed at the sky, I thought of what it must be like when Jesus returns. Perhaps we will descend in a spectacle resembling the northern lights. I almost expected his appearance as I looked heavenward.

But I realize that I don't have to wait for his next coming to see him. He is evident in all creation, and I hope he is evident to others through my life.


Links
  • Google News
  • Timman's thoughts
  • Swansmith
  • Northwoods Soccer Mom
  • Our Favorite Lutheran (save Martin)
  • IdeaJoy
  • Blogs4God
  • Bible study helps
  • Read the Bible online
  • Comments: Post a Comment

    << Home

    Powered by Blogger