Blogging for Light
Wednesday, November 10, 2004
 
Psalm 1
So often it seems like the wicked get their way--that they prosper and enjoy an immoral lifestyle without consequences. If often seems like those who try to follow God's laws encounter trials and ridicule.

But this psalm reassures those who seek the Lord. Those who follow righteousness are blessed, and their delight is in God's law. They will be like a tree planted by streams of water--and their leaves will not wither. The wicked, meanwhile, will eventually perish and will not stand in the judgment. They will perish, but the Lord watches over the way of the righteous.

When I am feeling low and alone, I will remember that God is my strength and my refreshment. When those around me who do not follow God enjoy life's pleasures, I will remember that one day judgment will come. And I will pray that those around me who seek wickedness will instead turn to God for their refreshment. For God's promises and renewal are forever--he is an unending source of strength.

Links
  • Google News
  • Timman's thoughts
  • Swansmith
  • Northwoods Soccer Mom
  • Our Favorite Lutheran (save Martin)
  • IdeaJoy
  • Blogs4God
  • Bible study helps
  • Read the Bible online
  • Comments: Post a Comment

    << Home

    Powered by Blogger