Blogging for Light
Thursday, October 21, 2004
 
Mark 15:16-20
The Soldiers Mock Jesus

I wonder how many people were led to be crucified by the men who mocked Jesus in this passage. Perhaps many of criminals sentenced to death were worthy of punishment--after all, they may have been murderers or stirred up trouble and riots. Did they see something different in Jesus? Had they become so callous by their duty with other "charges" that they could not sense that here was a man worthy of the title "King of the Jews"? Had they become so insensitized to the suffering and agony of beating and crucifixion that they mocked this man, so unworthy of his treatment, torture and death?

It is easy for me to pass judgment on the soldiers who strike Jesus and make fun of him as they put dress him in a purple robe. But how often do I neglect him, if not mock him, by my absence from prayer and Bible study? How often do I dismiss the price he paid for my salvation as something that was easy for God to do?

I am uncomfortable reading about Jesus suffering. But I need to be reminded that my sin was paid for with a price. And I need to come to my knees daily and thank him for what he has done for me to give me eternal life with him in heaven.

Links
  • Google News
  • Timman's thoughts
  • Swansmith
  • Northwoods Soccer Mom
  • Our Favorite Lutheran (save Martin)
  • IdeaJoy
  • Blogs4God
  • Bible study helps
  • Read the Bible online
  • Comments: Post a Comment

    << Home

    Powered by Blogger