Blogging for Light
Thursday, October 07, 2004
 
Mark 12:41-44
The Widow's Offering

Jesus loved to elevate the lowly, the poor, the crippled, the children, the lonely. As he watched a poor widow give two copper coins, he knew that she was giving all she had to the Lord's service.

It's not too much of a hardship for us to write a check to our church weekly or give to other charities. It gives us joy to know we can help with needs of others or further the cause of the gospel.

But to give everything! Yet, isn't that what Jesus requires of us--our whole selves? He doesn't demand all of our money, but he does want all of our heart. We need to look at our motives in giving and be sure we give out of gratitude and not just for show, as the rich people in this story may have been doing.

Jesus, take my whole life and make it yours. My family, my health, my wealth, my heart--help me surrender all to your control. Amen.

Links
  • Google News
  • Timman's thoughts
  • Swansmith
  • Northwoods Soccer Mom
  • Our Favorite Lutheran (save Martin)
  • IdeaJoy
  • Blogs4God
  • Bible study helps
  • Read the Bible online
  • Comments: Post a Comment

    << Home

    Powered by Blogger