Blogging for Light
Thursday, September 02, 2004
 
Mark 7:24-30
The Faith of a Syrophoenician Woman

Jesus' popularity continues to grow, especially since the feeding of the 5000. He goes to more remote areas, to avoid growing opposition to his ministry, and to teach his disciples privately. However, people continue to learn of his presence and seek him out. In today's passage, a woman who was not a Jew came to Jesus to ask for help.

In a parallel passage in Matthew 15:24, Jesus responds to this women, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel." But the woman persisted, and Jesus rewarded her faith by healing her daughter.

Sometimes, I don't want to respond to the needs of those who are outside my inner circle, who may not be like me. At times I may have a legitimate fear--of teens who befriend my own children who have known problems that I fear. I still need to be cautious, but reach out to those outside my comfort zone, showing them the love that Jesus showed.



Links
  • Google News
  • Timman's thoughts
  • Swansmith
  • Northwoods Soccer Mom
  • Our Favorite Lutheran (save Martin)
  • IdeaJoy
  • Blogs4God
  • Bible study helps
  • Read the Bible online
  • Comments: Post a Comment

    << Home

    Powered by Blogger