Blogging for Light
Thursday, August 12, 2004
 
Mark 3:1-6
Here again, we see Jesus doing what the Pharisees considered unlawful on the Sabbath-this time, instead of gathering grain, Jesus heals a man with a shriveled hand. Knowing they are seeking a way to trap him in breaking the law, Jesus asks publicly, "Which is lawful on the Sabbath: to do good or to do evil, to save life or to kill?" Of course, the Pharisees remained silent.

Jesus looked around at them in anger, verse 5 says, and was deeply distressed at their stubborn hearts. Then, he healed the man.

It's easy for me to look at the Pharisees, who began to plot how they might kill Jesus at this point, and view them with righteous anger and marvel at their stubbornness. But if I look at myself, I can ask, how often do I have a stubborn heart? How often do I nitpick about little things, when God wants to do a healing work in me or those around me?

Jesus was able to heal the man despite the opposition of the Pharisees. I pray that he uses me as an instrument of healing, not a stubborn bystander who can't believe.

Links
  • Google News
  • Timman's thoughts
  • Swansmith
  • Northwoods Soccer Mom
  • Our Favorite Lutheran (save Martin)
  • IdeaJoy
  • Blogs4God
  • Bible study helps
  • Read the Bible online
  • Comments: Post a Comment

    << Home

    Powered by Blogger