Blogging for Light
Tuesday, August 10, 2004
 
Mark 2:18-22
I love new things. As my husband and I were out looking for a different vehicle (we finally decided to keep what we've got for now), we test drove some 2004 models. I love the smell of the new interior, clean and fresh from the factory. I also enjoy visiting (but not necessarily working) my husband at new construction sites. It may sound weird, but I like the smell of sheetrock, new lumber, and even fresh drywall mud.

Last night we started a new thing with our little church plant. We had a backyard Bible club (to be continued tonight and tomorrow night). The weather was questionable, so everything but game time was either inside the house or in the garage. We didn't have the conveniences of a church building with a big kitchen and tables and chairs, but we did just fine, and the children who came received the gospel message and everyone seemed to have a good time. My cupcake/ice cream cone treats were consumed and I think enjoyed.

When Jesus came to minister as a man, he brought a new order. People who came to him had to adapt, to adjust to a new way of thinking. His presence among the people was a reason to rejoice, not to fast. There is a time for fasting, and Jesus even pointed this out, but Jesus came to bring new life, to free us from sin and death.

I will celebrate this newness in my life today, and every day.

Links
  • Google News
  • Timman's thoughts
  • Swansmith
  • Northwoods Soccer Mom
  • Our Favorite Lutheran (save Martin)
  • IdeaJoy
  • Blogs4God
  • Bible study helps
  • Read the Bible online
  • Comments: Post a Comment

    << Home

    Powered by Blogger