Blogging for Light
Tuesday, July 27, 2004
 
Philippians 4:14-20
I am reluctant to finish this study of Philippians, and maybe that is why yesterday's blog of these verses never went into cyberspace. I didn't save them anywhere else, either, so perhaps the Lord wanted me to ponder these verses anew and write something else about them.

In this Scripture, Paul is thanking the Philippian church for its generosity in supporting him--in fact, they were among his only supporters during a time when he really needed the help. Yesterday, as I wrote, I was thinking primarily of financial support, and how I should be better about giving to my church and others who are in need or who are in ministry where they depend on others to help them with gifts of money.

While this is a good reminder, and we need to be faithful stewards, I think Paul was thanking them for the help of Epaphroditus as well. And he went on to say that, even though he was grateful for personal and financial help, he had learned to be content in all situations.

I've been having computer woes in the last day or so, including losing yesterday's blog. It seems like little things like these tend to frustrate me more than worrying about our financial future or areas on need in my church (which I should be concerned about). Anyway, I read verse 19 in a different way today: And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.

God cares about us when we have needs, whether material, cyber-related, or spiritual. If I put all my needs in his hands, he will help me work through any situation. And being mindful of the glorious riches we can have in Christ Jesus, namely salvation and a personal relationship with the God of the universe, helps me to put things like lost blogs in persepctive.

To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
(verse 20)


Links
  • Google News
  • Timman's thoughts
  • Swansmith
  • Northwoods Soccer Mom
  • Our Favorite Lutheran (save Martin)
  • IdeaJoy
  • Blogs4God
  • Bible study helps
  • Read the Bible online
  • Comments: Post a Comment

    << Home

    Powered by Blogger