Blogging for Light
Saturday, July 24, 2004
 
Philippians 4:10-13
Several years ago I was helping out in Vacation Bible School, and the theme was "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phil. 4:13. We even had a theme song, "I can do anything, can do, I can do anything, can do, I can do anything, can do, through Jesus Christ our Lord." Or it was something like that.

Before Paul says we can do anything though Christ, though, he talks about learning the secret of being content in any and every situation. I am tempted to say, I can do all things through Christ--and then wish for more money, more peace in the world (or in my life ;) ), happiness for everyone, health and security for always. But Paul teaches that we should be content whatever our circumstances. He expresses gratitude to the Philippian church for providing for his needs, and goes on to say he knows what it is like to be in need or to have plenty.

I have plenty--and have been richly blessed with a wonderful family, my own and extended. I need to learn to be content in all situations--whether in frustrated or trying times or times of peace and plenty. And I know, that I can find peace through Christ, no matter what my circumstances, because, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Links
  • Google News
  • Timman's thoughts
  • Swansmith
  • Northwoods Soccer Mom
  • Our Favorite Lutheran (save Martin)
  • IdeaJoy
  • Blogs4God
  • Bible study helps
  • Read the Bible online
  • Comments: Post a Comment

    << Home

    Powered by Blogger